This workout is for volleyball enthusiasts. Anyone training for varsity, club, or intramural volleyball should give this a shot! The results will improve your jump, the power behind your spikes, your agility in lateral motion, and the cardiovascular endurance necessary for Volleyball.
Volleyball Circuit Training
Premise – Everyone has a station, and you’re at each station for 2 rounds; 1st round lasts 1 minute, 2nd round lasts 30 seconds. Then you hit the burnout set for 1 minute each.
- Super-cleans: starts with deadlift, to clean and jerk, shoulder press, squat, shoulder press, and lower it down to the ground.
- Box Jumps: start in a squat position, jump up onto an elevated platform (box), and jump back down into squat position.
- Pullovers: lay perpendicular with your back on the bench, straighten arms, and lower behind your head, and raise above over your chest
- Pull-ups/Lat pulldowns: Do as many pull-ups as you can, wide grip, and if you fail before the time is up, switch to the lat pulldown machine
- Tricep Rope Extensions: On the cable machine
- Step-ups: hold dumbbells, and step up onto a bench (or elevated platform) with one leg and stand straight up, alternating legs
- Star Jumps w/ medicine ball: start in squat position, hold a medicine ball in front of hips, jump up while simultaneously raising the medicine ball above your head
- Burpees: Hold dumbbells in hand, at your side, the entire set
- Mountain Climbers: self-explanatory
- Row machine: as you begin to fail, lighten weight; repeat until time is up
- Push-ups – to rows: hold heavy dumbbells, do a push up, when you come all the way up do a row and alternate arms each rep
- Sumo Squat to Upright rows: Use Kettleball, have feet pointing outward, squat down, when you come up pull kettleball upward toward chin
- Lap around track (or 2 minutes on treadmill at 7mph) holding a 25 lb weight above head
- Squat Jumps – hold squat position, jump and raise knees high, come down to hold squat position again
- Med Ball smash – go into racquetball room, take a med ball and throw it at the ground as hard as you can
- Sprint down long part of track, jog around curve, repeat (to complete 1 lap)-if using treadmill, sprint 10 seconds, jog 10 seconds
- Blocking Drill for 1 minute
- A Shoulder in the Fight Against Weakness - August 22, 2014
- Leg Day - August 21, 2014
- Tri Hard - August 21, 2014
- Destroying the Bi-ceptacons - August 20, 2014
- Batwings - August 19, 2014
- Pec-ocalypse - August 18, 2014
- Best Chest: Making Gains on Chest and Tricep Day - July 16, 2014
- ‘Merca - July 4, 2014
- Baby Back Ribs - July 3, 2014
- Isopure Protein - June 28, 2014