It’s crazy to think that the most important muscle in the body is the one that gets most often left behind!
Most people tend to concentrate on muscles that stand out more than the others. Muscle groups such as chest, arms, or shoulders get near constant attention, while legs go untouched. The main muscle group in your legs is the quadriceps. As the name clearly says, it is a group of four muscles in the front of your legs. The remaining muscles include the hamstrings, glutes, and calves, which all make up a large percentage of the total muscle mass in the body.
As an athlete, working out your legs is key. A bigger squat, dead lift and power clean will translate to running faster on the sports field or jumping higher on the basketball court. By training your legs you’ll also build strong knee, hip and ankle joints, all while reducing your risk of injury.
Since your leg muscles make up such a large percentage of the total mass in your body, working them out will allow you to make muscle gains in all areas of the body, as well as burn fat. Testosterone, which is a growth hormone, is a main component in muscle building and development. Larger muscles such as legs tend to create more testosterone, therefore benefiting every other muscle in the body as well.
So when your looking to put on size remember, it all starts on leg day and friends don’t let friends skip leg day.
- Gold Standard 100% Whey (Chocolate Malt Flavor) - July 12, 2014
- 100% Whey Gold Standard - June 28, 2014
- Walden Farms - June 27, 2014
- IronClaud’s journey to the stage (Interview) - May 4, 2014
- Whey vs Casein Protein - February 5, 2014
- Chest Assault - December 31, 2013
- Drop Sets and Pyramids - December 29, 2013
- Friends Don’t Let Friends Skip Leg Day - November 19, 2013