The Core is responsible for essentially all dynamic motion, and some static holds; everything from throwing a football to swatting at a fly. Your core muscles twist, contract, and stabilize to make motion possible, or at least easier.
I’ve posted 5 workouts that engage your core, and this is one of them. The others can be found at these links:
They don’t have to be done in any order, I just attached all the links so you can have variance in your exercise.
1. Lying Leg Raises-10 straight up and down, 10 with a slight angle left, 10 angled to the right
*Lie on the ground (it may also be beneficial to hold onto a dumbbell behind your head as a counterweight) and lift your legs to a 90 degree angle; then lower them back down to about 6 inches from the ground. That’s 1 rep
2. Crunch pulses- 50 x 2 sets
*Lie on your back, knees bent, and curl your body as high as you can. *Important- never allow your shoulder blades to touch the ground, so you’re hold a partial crunch through the entire exercise.
3. Legs raised pulses- 50
*This is the same as 2, except your legs should be raised at a 90 degree angle from the floor.
4. Side planks- 30 seconds each side x 4 sets each side
*Your elbow is used to support your upper body, and the same side’s foot should be supporting your lower body. Your whole body should be in a straight line, while tensing your obliques the whole time. Your chest should be completely facing the side.
5. Twisting Triangle Crunches – 50 x 2 sets
*While lying on the ground, place one foot on the opposite knee (so, it should look like you’ve made a triangle). With your hands holding the back of your neck, the opposite elbow of the knee should try to make contact with that kneecap while crunching- so twisting as you raise your body.
6. Med Ball Planks- 1 minute x 3 sets
*This is a normal plank, except your arms are extended (so you’re in the push-up position). Your feet are not posted on the ground, but on a single medicine ball instead. Your hands are not on the ground, but each are on medicine balls as well.
- A Shoulder in the Fight Against Weakness - August 22, 2014
- Leg Day - August 21, 2014
- Tri Hard - August 21, 2014
- Destroying the Bi-ceptacons - August 20, 2014
- Batwings - August 19, 2014
- Pec-ocalypse - August 18, 2014
- Best Chest: Making Gains on Chest and Tricep Day - July 16, 2014
- ‘Merca - July 4, 2014
- Baby Back Ribs - July 3, 2014
- Isopure Protein - June 28, 2014