So, Einstein Becomes a Personal Trainer…
Some of us aren’t in their early 20’s, and don’t have 2 hours to spend in the gym. It’s critical to never skip out on your core and abdominals; and some people opt out of ab and core workouts because they don’t want their split routines to suffer in the interest of time. Well, I’ve married the two.
I’ve developed 2 routines- 1 for your back, and another for your chest- that work your core the ENTIRE time you’re training individual muscle groups. Genius right?
I focused on these two muscle groups because usually people take longest on these routines, being that they’re two of the three largestgroupings!
Chest and Core
|Warm-up||15 Push-ups, Stretch|
|1. 1-at-a-time Bench Press||4 sets|
|12, 8, 12, 15|
|2. Single Arm Cable Press||4 sets|
|15, 8, 10, 15|
|3. Core Ball Push-ups||50 reps|
|arms on bench, feet on core ball||record breaks as sets|
|on coreball||3 drops|
|5. Med-Ball Push-ups||20|
|Alternate hand on ball|
|6. Panther Push-ups||30|
Back and Core
|Warm-up||10 pull-ups, Stretch|
|1. Planking Back Row to Fly*||2 sets|
|25 each arm, per set|
|2. Modified Pull-ups||50|
|Feet on core ball||record breaks as sets|
|3. Bosu Bent Over Rows**||4 sets|
|12, 10, 8, 12|
|4. Bosu Good Mornings||2 sets of 50|
|5. Single Arm Cable Rows||4 sets each arm|
|8, 10, 12, 15|
|6. Bosu Deadlifts||100|
|7. Pull-ups with Knees to Chest||3 burnout sets|
|8. Single Arm Reverse Fly||25 x 2 sets each arm|
|^arms at 45 degree angle|
*Start in plank position while gripping dumbbells; one arm at a time, complete a row, then extend the arm and do a reserve fly (moving it backward at a 45 degree angle from your hip).
**Bosu balls look like half of a core ball attached to a flat piece of plastic. Stand on the plastic side and try to maintain your balance! If there isn’t a Bosu ball available, just stand on the ground.
Keep looking out for other split routines in combination with core workouts!
- A Shoulder in the Fight Against Weakness - August 22, 2014
- Leg Day - August 21, 2014
- Tri Hard - August 21, 2014
- Destroying the Bi-ceptacons - August 20, 2014
- Batwings - August 19, 2014
- Pec-ocalypse - August 18, 2014
- Best Chest: Making Gains on Chest and Tricep Day - July 16, 2014
- ‘Merca - July 4, 2014
- Baby Back Ribs - July 3, 2014
- Isopure Protein - June 28, 2014
- Marathon Runners Over 30: The Unheard of Advantages
- The ‘Get Ready For The Beach’ Ab Workout
- The best in home fitness equipment.
- Is body weight training really the next big trend?
- What is the Paleo diet?
- Fitness gifts for techies (video)