Skip the Raw Eggs- Protein Pancakes Have Arrived
Sorry Rocky, but cooked breakfast sounds a little more appetizing than chugging raw salmonella. And, these protein pancakes have nearly the same amount of protein as an egg does; only, they’re a little more delicious.
I am not a morning person, but these pancakes make me roll out of bed and waddle my way to the kitchen table. If you’re a syrup-lover, and can’t live without it, try throwing some peanut butter and a little honey on top!
Both mixes yield approximately 47 grams of protein. You can make them whatever size you want, but if each pancake is a 1/4 cup of batter, you’ll get about 10 pancakes.
All you have to do is mix these ingredients in a bowl, cook them for a few minutes, and try to breathe between each bite.
3 Large Bananas
1 Scoop of chocolate protein powder (I used Double Dutch Chocolate by Nature’s Best Isopure)
3 tbsp powdered peanut butter (Chocolate PB2 is the favorite)
1 tbsp of flax seed
And a splash of almond milk – the amount comes down to how thick the mix is!
3 Large Bananas
1 Scoop of strawberry protein powder (again, the powder I tend to use is Isopure Strawberry Cream)
1 tbsp. flax seed
No matter how much you mash and mix them, you’ll probably end up with a few banana chunks floating in the batter. It’s normal, but if you want to avoid that, throw your batter in a blender.
Don’t make too many, or you’ll be stuck at the table all day and stuffed to the brim.
They satisfy your appetite, and kill off any desire you used to have for traditional pancakes. And so, some of my friends call them: “Oooo Kill ’em Cakes.”
- A Shoulder in the Fight Against Weakness - August 22, 2014
- Leg Day - August 21, 2014
- Tri Hard - August 21, 2014
- Destroying the Bi-ceptacons - August 20, 2014
- Batwings - August 19, 2014
- Pec-ocalypse - August 18, 2014
- Best Chest: Making Gains on Chest and Tricep Day - July 16, 2014
- ‘Merca - July 4, 2014
- Baby Back Ribs - July 3, 2014
- Isopure Protein - June 28, 2014
- Marathon Runners Over 30: The Unheard of Advantages
- The ‘Get Ready For The Beach’ Ab Workout
- The best in home fitness equipment.
- Is body weight training really the next big trend?
- What is the Paleo diet?
- Fitness gifts for techies (video)