Protein Muffin Recipes
Muffin Tops on Your Plate, Not Your Waste Line
Watching all of your glutenous friends enjoy mounds of pancakes with loads of syrup drizzled on top while you’re on your ‘clean diet’ is one of the worst things to experience first thing in the morning. I grew tired of protein pancakes, oatmeal, egg-whites, and other healthy breakfasts – so I started baking, hoping to find a recipe for protein muffins. The consequences? A lot of wasted groceries and burnt pans. Eventually though, I settled on two recipes I am sharing with you today: Banana-Oats and Peanut Butter Chocolate muffins. Now you can have your muffins AND your lean body, while your friends all burn calories drooling over you.
3/4 cup of very ripened bananas (around 1 large banana) 3/4 cup of egg whites 1/2 cup of non-fat Greek yogurt (plain, vanilla, or even strawberry will suffice!) 1/2 cup of oats 1 scoop of protein powder (I used a chocolate to make it sweeter, but vanilla would also work) 3 tbsp of honey 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp of baking powder 1. Mix everything in a bowl 2. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes (or use a toothpick to test when they’re done) 3. Enjoy! *Makes 12 regular sized muffins
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muffins
Very similar to the last recipe, with a slight twist: 3/4 cup of egg whites 1/2 cup of low fat Greek yogurt (this time I used vanilla) 1 scoop of Chocolate protein powder (I used Syntha Six Chocolate Milkshake) 1/2 cup of Peanut Butter 1. Mix in a medium sized bowl 2. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until your toothpick signals your feast 3. Hide them from everyone you know so you don’t have to share. *Makes 6 large muffins
- A Shoulder in the Fight Against Weakness - August 22, 2014
- Leg Day - August 21, 2014
- Tri Hard - August 21, 2014
- Destroying the Bi-ceptacons - August 20, 2014
- Batwings - August 19, 2014
- Pec-ocalypse - August 18, 2014
- Best Chest: Making Gains on Chest and Tricep Day - July 16, 2014
- ‘Merca - July 4, 2014
- Baby Back Ribs - July 3, 2014
- Isopure Protein - June 28, 2014
- Marathon Runners Over 30: The Unheard of Advantages
- The ‘Get Ready For The Beach’ Ab Workout
- The best in home fitness equipment.
- Is body weight training really the next big trend?
- What is the Paleo diet?
- Fitness gifts for techies (video)