I’m willing to bet that your gym is probably closed on the glorious day we celebrate our rebellious forefathers; but I know that they wouldn’t take a day off from achieving their goals – so why should you?
Today, I offer an American themed workout to ward off the calories from those burgers, brats, and beers that you find so irresistible! Should only take 30 minutes, but you might pass out from fatigue before then. This entire America lovin’ routine can all be done at home, so no excuses.
- Burpees – 76
- Star Jumps – 13
- Squat Hold – 50 seconds
- Lunges – 7 per leg
- Repeat 5 times
- Push-ups – 17
- Sit-ups – 87
- Plank Hold – 89 seconds
- Repeat 4 times
- Squat Jumps – 44
- Mountain Climbers – 65
- High Knees – 238
- Push-ups – 7
- Sumo Squats – 27
- Repeat 4 times!
- Burpees – 39
For some reason, I thought some of my readers would be curious as to why I chose the numbers I did – after all, that is what makes the workout America themed! It took a little while to find numbers that fit into the workout well, so I hope you appreciate the depth of some of these numbers.
- 1776 do I need to explain?
- The original 13 colonies
- 50 states
- In 1812, the British almost took back America and even burned down half of the White House!
- The beaches of Normandy were split into 5 sectors during D-day
- The Constitution was created in 1787
- In 1789 the Constitution was put into effect
- July 4th
- There are 44 American Presidents
- The Civil War ended in 1865
- America has been its own country for 238 years
- There are 7 articles in the Constitution
- There are 27 amendments in the Constitution
- The first 3 articles describe the Separation of Powers (3 branches of government)
- A total of 39 signatures ratified the Constitution!
And it comes full circle because there are a total of 10 amendments in the Bill of Rights – suited to the 10 exercises in your Bill of Fitness. Feel free to tweet (@yourfitnessday) at us or like our post on Instagram (@yourfitnessdailyco) about this workout! I look forward to hearing from you all, and happy lifting!
- A Shoulder in the Fight Against Weakness - August 22, 2014
- Leg Day - August 21, 2014
- Tri Hard - August 21, 2014
- Destroying the Bi-ceptacons - August 20, 2014
- Batwings - August 19, 2014
- Pec-ocalypse - August 18, 2014
- Best Chest: Making Gains on Chest and Tricep Day - July 16, 2014
- ‘Merca - July 4, 2014
- Baby Back Ribs - July 3, 2014
- Isopure Protein - June 28, 2014
- Marathon Runners Over 30: The Unheard of Advantages
- The ‘Get Ready For The Beach’ Ab Workout
- The best in home fitness equipment.
- Is body weight training really the next big trend?
- What is the Paleo diet?
- Fitness gifts for techies (video)