In this Trick, 2lbs of Sweat Will Appear
A fantastic workout for days when you’re snowed-in, or don’t feel like going all the way across town for the gym. All you need is a deck of cards, and a few dumbbells. If you’re short on dumbbells, you can improvise with a heavy backpack, or something of that nature.
You play with a full deck of cards, placing the deck face down in front of you. Flip the top card, and whatever suit and number comes up, you respond with this workout. All repetitions are based on number values; meaning, 1=1 unit. However, for the face cards, Jack=11, Queen=12, King=13, and Ace=14.
- 1-4 are planks; each quantity equals 30 seconds- so, 1=30″ 2=1 minute, and so on
- 5-9 Burpies with a push-up
- 10-K Clapping Push-ups; if you can’t clap, at least try your best to get off the ground.
- Ace is WILD- choose any of these workouts and do 14 reps; burpies are the challenge!
- 1-4 Squat holds- each quantity equals 30 seconds- so, 1=30″ 2=1 minute, and so on
- 5-9 Squatting Star Jumps (the number of reps is 2x the value of the card- 5=10, 6=12, etc.)
- 10-K – Deep Squats
- Ace– 14 lunges each leg
- 1-4 Fast-pace Jumprope; each quantity equals 30 seconds- so, 1=30″ 2=1 minute, and so on
- 5-9 Sumo Squats with an Upright Row – (the number of reps is 2x the value of the card- 5=10, 6=12, etc.)
- 10-K – Supercleans (use dumbbells, kettleballs, or something with weight)
- Ace- 14 curls each arm- use dumbbells, a heavy backpack, or any resistance
- 1-4 – High Knees (running in place) each quantity equals 30 seconds- so, 1=30″ 2=1 minute, and so on
- 5-9 – Standing Side Leg Raises (balance on one leg, and lift the opposite leg up as high as you can) each quantity should be multiplied by 2 for reps
- 10-K – Plank and hold one leg raised as high as possible for 30 seconds, then switch legs
- Ace- 14 Split Squats each leg
- A Shoulder in the Fight Against Weakness - August 22, 2014
- Leg Day - August 21, 2014
- Tri Hard - August 21, 2014
- Destroying the Bi-ceptacons - August 20, 2014
- Batwings - August 19, 2014
- Pec-ocalypse - August 18, 2014
- Best Chest: Making Gains on Chest and Tricep Day - July 16, 2014
- ‘Merca - July 4, 2014
- Baby Back Ribs - July 3, 2014
- Isopure Protein - June 28, 2014
- Marathon Runners Over 30: The Unheard of Advantages
- The ‘Get Ready For The Beach’ Ab Workout
- The best in home fitness equipment.
- Is body weight training really the next big trend?
- What is the Paleo diet?
- Fitness gifts for techies (video)