Full Body Strength Training Workout
A quick full-body workout with a tough set of abs to finish it off. Instead of changing the body part each exercise, this hits each muscle group in succession to tear whatever muscle fibers are left standing. Since we’re hitting these muscles hard right away, be sure to warm up amply; a few laps, some pull ups and a few push ups should do.
|1. Incline Cable Crossover||4-6|
|2.1/2 press 1/2 fly*||6-8|
|3. Decline Press||8-10|
|4. Single Arm Bent Over Row||4-6|
|5. Cable Machine Rows||6-8|
|6. Wide Grip Pull Ups||Until Failure (use machine to get at least 10)|
|8. Alternating Backward Lunges||8-10 (each)|
|9. Jump Squats||1 minute|
|10. Dumbbell Military Press||8-10|
|11. Lateral Shoulder Fly||10-12|
|12. Rope Tricep Extensions||6-8|
|13. Overhead Extensions||10-12|
|14. Incline Bench Curls||4-6|
|15. Hammer Curls||8-10|
|16. Leg Raises||25|
|17. Superman Holds||1 minute x 2|
|18. Roman Chair Sit-ups||20|
|19. Scissor Leg Lifts||50 switches|
|20. Circle Leg Lifts**||10 each direction|
|21. Seated Leg Tucks||30|
|22. Barbell Oblique Twists||hold for 1 minute each side|
|23. Good Mornings||50|
|24. Planks||1 minute x 2|
|25. Twisting Crunches||100|
*Both arms start fully extended; one arm does a full press while the other arm does a fly, then you switch which arm is doing what. When both arms do a press, that counts as one rep.
**Similar to leg raises, but instead of completing the reps vertically, you raise and lower them in a circular motion. Complete 10 rotating clockwise, and 10 counterclockwise.
- A Shoulder in the Fight Against Weakness - August 22, 2014
- Leg Day - August 21, 2014
- Tri Hard - August 21, 2014
- Destroying the Bi-ceptacons - August 20, 2014
- Batwings - August 19, 2014
- Pec-ocalypse - August 18, 2014
- Best Chest: Making Gains on Chest and Tricep Day - July 16, 2014
- ‘Merca - July 4, 2014
- Baby Back Ribs - July 3, 2014
- Isopure Protein - June 28, 2014
- Marathon Runners Over 30: The Unheard of Advantages
- The ‘Get Ready For The Beach’ Ab Workout
- The best in home fitness equipment.
- Is body weight training really the next big trend?
- What is the Paleo diet?
- Fitness gifts for techies (video)