From Front to Back
Another addition to the world of combining Chest and Back workouts. However, this installment is not in conjunction with the Split(ish) routine… but if you want to tag it on at the end of the 9 weeks, I won’t stop you!
This C&B routine is for the Summer Prep season, and not your bulk season; but that doesn’t mean you won’t be growing! This is guaranteed to rip every last muscle fiber in your chest and back.
|Chest & Back||Rep Range|
|1) Decline Cable Fly *||5 sets|
|Cable Row on Core Ball **||12,10,8,6,12|
|2)Incline Cable Fly*||5 sets|
|Single Arm Cable Row**||12,10,8,6,12|
|3) Cable Fly on Bench w/ 20 pushups on Med Ball||5 sets, & 12,10,8,6,12|
|T-Bar Row w/ Lat Pulldown|
*Add at the end a set of Cable Presses to failure.
**Add at the end 3 negative reps (normal speed contraction, slow release of extension).
If any of this is confusing, think of this workout as DOUBLE Supersets. Each chest exercise has a superset to it, while completing a set of back supersets inbetween each set of chest…sets.
In case you were wondering, I used “set” 5 times in that last sentence. Sorry, but this is the best I could explain it.
- A Shoulder in the Fight Against Weakness - August 22, 2014
- Leg Day - August 21, 2014
- Tri Hard - August 21, 2014
- Destroying the Bi-ceptacons - August 20, 2014
- Batwings - August 19, 2014
- Pec-ocalypse - August 18, 2014
- Best Chest: Making Gains on Chest and Tricep Day - July 16, 2014
- ‘Merca - July 4, 2014
- Baby Back Ribs - July 3, 2014
- Isopure Protein - June 28, 2014
- Marathon Runners Over 30: The Unheard of Advantages
- The ‘Get Ready For The Beach’ Ab Workout
- The best in home fitness equipment.
- Is body weight training really the next big trend?
- What is the Paleo diet?
- Fitness gifts for techies (video)