Completing the Circuit
I am personally a big fan of circuit training; it functions as a way to improve your overall conditioning, and not strength in specific areas (I’ve also written an article comparing the full body vs. split routines, check it out!). This is one of many to come!
Weight Training- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Warm-up: 2 laps, rotator cuff stretch, flex muscle groups, 10 push ups, 10 pull ups
|1. Chest Press||4-6|
|2. Bent Over Row||4-6|
|3. EZ-Bar Curl||4-6|
|4. One Arm Fly (one side rep, other side rep, alternating)||10-12 each|
|5. One Arm Pulley Row||10-12each|
|7. Karate Kid Curls||10-12|
|8. Lateral Fly||10-12|
|10. Obscure Elbow||10-12|
|11. Arnold Shoulder Presses||12-15|
|13. Modified Pull-ups||50|
|14. Super Clean||15-18|
|16. Calf-raises (in, out, straight)||20,20,10|
|17. Jumping Squat||10|
 The EZ-Bar is the bar that is zig-zagged so you can change the width of your grip while still being ergonomically conscious of your wrist’s range of motion
 I call them Karate Kid Curls, some people call them Side curls- but the name isn’t important. The motion is a hammer curl moving your arms inward across the body, and when you lower the weights you move them outward away from the body. This is the first rep. Then you reverse the motion starting outward and lowering inward. It looks as though you’re Danny LaRusso doing the infamous motion of ‘wax on, wax off,’ hence the term Karate Kid Curls.
 Lay flat on your back, and grab a stabilized barbell arms-length away, and pull yourself toward the bar so your chest hits it, then lower yourself onto the ground. To make these harder, place your feet on something higher off the ground-it changes the center of gravity closer to your hips, making you bear the weight of your legs, where you don’t do that’s as much without them raised.
 Meaning your toes pointing either inward, outward, or straight
If any of these exercises are confusing, feel free to comment and I’ll do my best to explain!
- A Shoulder in the Fight Against Weakness - August 22, 2014
- Leg Day - August 21, 2014
- Tri Hard - August 21, 2014
- Destroying the Bi-ceptacons - August 20, 2014
- Batwings - August 19, 2014
- Pec-ocalypse - August 18, 2014
- Best Chest: Making Gains on Chest and Tricep Day - July 16, 2014
- ‘Merca - July 4, 2014
- Baby Back Ribs - July 3, 2014
- Isopure Protein - June 28, 2014
- Marathon Runners Over 30: The Unheard of Advantages
- The ‘Get Ready For The Beach’ Ab Workout
- The best in home fitness equipment.
- Is body weight training really the next big trend?
- What is the Paleo diet?
- Fitness gifts for techies (video)