Chest and Back – Round 3
We’ve come this far, don’t quit on me now! We’re in the final phase of the split(ish) routine. The comments, posts, and pictures have been great; and I want everyone to finish strong. This one is for weeks 7-9，you’re almost there!
|Chest & Back||Rep Range|
|1. Dumbbell Flat Bench||5 sets|
|SUPERSET WITH||6,8,10, BA*,6″**|
|2. Lat Pulldowns|
|3. Decline 1 1/2 Fly***||5 sets|
|SUPERSET WITH||6,8,10,BA, 6″|
|4. T-Bar Rows|
|5. Decline Press****||5 sets|
|6. Bose Bentover Row||6,8,10,BA, 6″|
|7. Incline Cable Crossover||5 sets|
|8. Modified Pullups||20,15,15,10,10|
|9. Cable Machine Pushups||2 sets|
|10. Deadlifts||2 sets|
*BA stands for Ballistic Method. When you are doing this set, for chest, you will slowly let the weight down, and explode when you push it back up and complete the rep. For back, you do the opposite; you slowly allow it up, and explode when you pull it.
**6″ is for 6 second reps. You complete the set with lighter weight, but you also take 6″ to move it one way, and another 6″ to move it the other.
***The 1 1/2 method for flys is the method where you would spread your arms completely for a fly, come up halfway, then back down, and all the way back up to touch the dummbells together. Each time you do a half, then a full completion is considered 1 rep.
****For this Decline Press, I want you to use the 1-at-a-time method. So, you extend your arms out, and do a repetition with one arm, down then press, and then alternate the arm. The rep range specified is for each arm.
- A Shoulder in the Fight Against Weakness - August 22, 2014
- Leg Day - August 21, 2014
- Tri Hard - August 21, 2014
- Destroying the Bi-ceptacons - August 20, 2014
- Batwings - August 19, 2014
- Pec-ocalypse - August 18, 2014
- Best Chest: Making Gains on Chest and Tricep Day - July 16, 2014
- ‘Merca - July 4, 2014
- Baby Back Ribs - July 3, 2014
- Isopure Protein - June 28, 2014
- Marathon Runners Over 30: The Unheard of Advantages
- The ‘Get Ready For The Beach’ Ab Workout
- The best in home fitness equipment.
- Is body weight training really the next big trend?
- What is the Paleo diet?
- Fitness gifts for techies (video)