Cellucor’s C-4 is by far the best overall pre-workout I have used. This supplement features Creatine Nitrate, B Vitamins, Caffeine, and many more quality ingredients. My flavor of choice is their Fruit Punch, which is actually quite delicious. I was able to mix it with cold water and slowly drink it on my way to the gym just as if it was a Fruit Punch Gatorade (which is a pretty close comparison of the actual taste). As far a cost goes, this product will set you back around $30 per container (30 servings of 1 scoop). I got lucky and found it at Cost-co being sold as a 2 pack for $30 so you might want to try buying it there. Keep in mind that you will eventually need more than 1 scoop to feel the effects.
Now for the important details. About 20-30 minutes after taking C-4 I get the typical itching sensation all across my face and neck. If you have never taken a pre-workout just know that this is pretty common. It is caused by an amino acid called B-alanine, which is added to most pre-workouts because it is shown to improve your performance. That being said, there’s a lot of itching, but also a lot of energy. C-4 really does a great job of making me focus on my workout and provides enough energy to get me through it. C-4 really makes a difference for me when its early in the morning and i’m still half asleep, or late at night after a long day at work. Speaking of late night workouts, C-4 is great because there isn’t a crash period or a “i’m so wired I can’t sleep” mode. There have been times I’ve taken C-4 around 11pm, workout out from 11:30-12:30, and been in bed sleeping by 1:15. That can’t be said about most other pre workout supplements I have tried. Bottom line, give it a try. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
- Fitness gifts for techies (video) - December 4, 2014
- Looking For Meal Prep Ideas? - October 8, 2014
- Amazing Home Gyms - October 8, 2014
- Cellucor C-4 Pre-Workout Review - July 12, 2014
- All Beers Are Not Created Equal - July 3, 2014
- Margret Gnarr - May 30, 2014
- Featured Athlete – Jen Heward - April 4, 2014
- What Are You Made Of? Monday Motivation - February 24, 2014
- A Simple Yet Tasty Juicer Recipe - February 23, 2014
- Monday Motivation! - February 10, 2014