Arms – Round 3
If you want to make you arm look like it swallowed a small child whole, fight through to finish of the last round of the Split(ish) Training Program! Make sure you wear a shirt that you wouldn’t mind if the sleeves accidentally tear.
|1a. Twisting Curls||4 sets|
|TRISET||15, 10, 8, 12,|
|1b. Cable Rope Extensions||4 sets|
|TRISET||15, 10, 8, 12|
|1c. Lateral Overhead Raise*||3 sets|
|15, 10, 8, 12|
|2a. Cable Machine Curl||4 sets|
|Use the Rope||10, 8, 12, Burnout with 6″ Reps|
|2b. Over head Extensions||4 sets|
|Use Two Hands||25, 15, 15, Burnout with Ballistic Reps**|
|2c. Cable Front Shoulder||4 sets|
|Raise||15, 12, 12, 15|
|3a. Flat/Incline Bench Curls||3 Dropsets|
|prefer flat bench||Burnout each drop|
|3b. Dips***||3 Dropsets|
|TRISET||Burnout each drop|
|3c. Swimmer Flys****||3 Dropsets|
|6″ reps – 6″ up, 6″ down||Burnout each drop|
*Lateral Overhead Raise is where you hold dumbbells at the sides of your waist, and (with straight arms) raise them higher than the shoulders and about 1 foot away from touching at the top; then slowly lower down.
**Ballistic reps, if you are unaware, is where you explode moving the weight, and very slowly let it return to its original position. In this exercise, you would explode when you push the weight upward, and slowly let it down until your arms are at about a 90 degree angle.
***For this set of dips, your hands should be on a bench behind your back, about shoulders width apart. Your feet should rest on the floor; but to challenge yourself, put them on another bench; and to challenge yourself the most, place them on a core ball!
**** Swimmer flys are when you do a front shoulder raise (thumbs up, straight arms, move from hips to shoulder height) then while at shoulder height, move them to a side lateral position, and lower them down. The next repetition is the reverse: starting as a lateral fly and moving toward a front shoulder raise.
- A Shoulder in the Fight Against Weakness - August 22, 2014
- Leg Day - August 21, 2014
- Tri Hard - August 21, 2014
- Destroying the Bi-ceptacons - August 20, 2014
- Batwings - August 19, 2014
- Pec-ocalypse - August 18, 2014
- Best Chest: Making Gains on Chest and Tricep Day - July 16, 2014
- ‘Merca - July 4, 2014
- Baby Back Ribs - July 3, 2014
- Isopure Protein - June 28, 2014
- Marathon Runners Over 30: The Unheard of Advantages
- The ‘Get Ready For The Beach’ Ab Workout
- The best in home fitness equipment.
- Is body weight training really the next big trend?
- What is the Paleo diet?
- Fitness gifts for techies (video)